TITLE: TAX COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST I
LOCATION: Department of Tax Collections
128 W. Main Avenue, Gastonia, NC 28052
PAY SCALE: $11.12-$17.24 per hour (Non-Exempt/Eligible for overtime)
APPOINTMENT: Full Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (NOTE: The duties listed below are not all of the duties that may be assigned to the position but are those duties considered essential to the nature of the job.)
* Collects & post tax payments from the walk-in public.
* Post tax payments received in the mail, UPS, Fedex, & lock box exception payments.
* Assist walk-in customers with various tax questions & answer customer phone calls.
* Organize lock box bills & envelopes, look for missed checks in envelopes from lock box payments, bundle & prepare for storage.
* Balance money & prepare deposit slips.
* Confirm addresses on returned mail, confirm, sort, & mail outstanding balance due notices.
Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalent AND two (2) years of experience as a bank teller or in the area of county or municipal tax collection. Paralegal knowledge of deed reference research and mapping is preferred. Must be proficient in the following computers programs: Excel, Lotus, Word and WordPerfect software and in the use of 10 key.
The candidate selected must undergo and pass a drug screening test prior to employment.
: June 04, 2012 CLOSING DATE:
June 15, 2012