Visitation General Population (Main Jail and Annex)
Onsite Visitation Hours
Monday - Thursday
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Remote Visitation Hours
Monday - Sunday
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
6:30 pm – 10:00 pm
Closed Custody and Protective Custody (Onsite Only)
Onsite Visitation Hours
Monday – Thursday
8:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- Each inmate is allowed one visit per week
- No longer will inmates be limited to certain days based on last name
- Inmate workers can receive two visits per week.In order to get the second visit you must call visitation so they can manually schedule you.You can contact them at 704-866-3550 between 11:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Thursday.
- To register and schedule visits you can come to the front lobby of the Annex or visit www.ICSVideoVisit.com, select Gaston County Jail, and follow the instructions.
Visitation Rules and Regulations
Please read all of the rules completely prior to moving forward – Not knowing the rules will not be accepted as an excuse for not following them Disobeying any rule may result in you being banned from visiting detainees or criminal charges being pursued when applicable.
- All visits are subject to monitoring and recording
- All visits must be scheduled the day prior to the appointment or up to 1 week in advance.
- Visits will last 15 minutes
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- To schedule a remote visit you will need to have at least $7.50 in your ICSolutions prepaid account. If you need to add funds, please go to www.icsolutions.com or call 888-506-8407.
- Visitors wishing to visit from home are required to test their connection prior to scheduling a visit. Please go to www.icsvideovisit.com for instructions.
- Remote visitors should login and connect a few minutes before the scheduled visitation time.
- Please be advised if an inmate is in ANY program (at court, on trustee assignments, attorney visits, Bible studies, Chemical Dependency etc.), they are NOT eligible to receive the visit at that time. Please schedule your visits around the inmate's program schedule.
- Visitors should arrive 15 minutes prior to appointment to check in.
- All visitors must possess a valid government issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, State ID card, or Military Issued ID.
- Appropriate dress is required at all times.
- Skin tight / Form fitting clothes are not allowed.
- Any clothing or other items displaying gang-related symbols, themes or colors are prohibited.
- Any clothing containing vulgar or objectionable language or images are prohibited.
- All visitors must wear undergarments at all times.
- No hats are allowed.
- No see through clothing allowed.
- No tank tops are allowed.
- No skirts or dresses that are above the knee in length.
- Shorts must be worn at mid-thigh or below.
- Any inappropriate activity will result in termination of your session.
- Visitors involved in the following will be placed on permanent visiting restrictions:
- Visitors that create a disturbance or disruption of the visiting process.
- Visitors under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Visitors that refuse to show sufficient identification.
- Visitors that act in an inappropriate manner during their visitation.
- The visitation schedule may be cancelled or altered on county appointed holidays or for safety / security reasons.
- Staff can deny, change, or cancel a visit at any time at their discretion.
- Bringing firearms, explosives, tools for escape, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or any controlled substances including marijuana into this facility is a crime and cause for arrest.
- Visitors are not allowed to carry cameras, tape recorders, purses, bags, brief cases, wallets, cell phones, or any electronic device into the visitation area.
- Each visitation session will show a timer to display elapsed time.
- After your visit has ended your connection will be terminated.
If you need ADA assistance or any other special accommodation, please call visitation Monday through Thursday between 11:00 am – 4:00 pm at 704-866-3550. After hours, weekends, and holidays, please call and speak with a supervisor on duty at 704-869-6869.
TO SEND FUNDS TO INMATES All financial transactions for inmates will be handled through the contract provider Tech Friends. A Kiosk to accept money for inmates will be placed in the main lobby of the Gaston County Sheriff’s Office and the lobby of the Gaston County Jail Annex. Funds can be added to an inmate’s account via the Kiosk or online at https://deposits.jailatm.com/WebDeposits/.
MAIL AND PUBLICATIONS
Jail Inmates are encouraged to maintain community ties by corresponding with their family and friends. All mail is subject to being searched for contraband and content that may threaten the security or safety of the jail, or contributes to any other illegal activities. Legal mail may be opened in the presence of the inmate to search for contraband.
Unacceptable Items in Inmate Correspondence
The following is a list of items that if sent by mail will not be accepted into the GCSO jail facilities. The list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Illicit or enticing photos
- Material containing instructions for the manufacture of explosives, drugs, or other unlawful substances.
- Material advocating violence within the facility.
- Material advocating racial, religious, or national hatred.
- Material advocating and encouraging sexual behavior.
- Material that is pornographic, illicit, erotic, and enticing in nature.
- Gang-related material including signs and/or symbols.
- Perfume sprayed on the envelope or letter
- Glued contents, paperclips, clasps
- Profanity on envelope
Mail for inmates incarcerated in the Gaston County Jail System must be mailed to the following address:
Inmate: First, Middle, Last Name
Gaston County Jail
PO Box 1578
Gastonia, NC 28053
- If items of contraband are found in the envelope, the entire envelope (along with its contents) will be returned to the sender unless contraband is illegal. This will be confiscated and possible charges will be filed.
- Any mail that is received for an inmate without a return address will be returned to the Post Office unopened.