Commissioners School of Excellence
Each summer, the Gaston County Board of Commissioner funds a two-week residential experience at Belmont Abbey College for sixty Gaston County rising tenth grade students. The Commissioners' School of Excellence (CSE) offers a variety of hands-on activities and seminars designed to help participants better understand Gaston County, and their own roles as future leaders.
Admission is open to all rising tenth grade students in public and private Gaston County high schools and Gaston County homeschooled students.
Interested students should apply through their school's administrative office.
2018 Important Dates:
- FEBRUARY 2nd– FEBRUARY 16th – Student application window – See your school counselor for an application and information.
- MARCH 2nd – Student and alternate information due to Lori Collins/Highland Tech
- MARCH 29th – Schools/Students notified after final list approved by Superintendent
- APRIL 19th – Mandatory student/parent orientation meeting at Stuart Cramer High School - 7 pm
- APRIL 24th – Completed forms (from students/parents) due back to Lori Collins/Highland Tech
- JUNE 17 - 28th – Commissioners' School of Excellence two-week residential learning program - Belmont Abbey