Commissioners School of Excellence
Each summer, the Gaston County Board of Commissioner funds a two-week residential experience at Belmont Abbey College for sixty Gaston County rising tenth grade students. The Commissioners' School of Excellence (CSE) offers a variety of hands-on activities and seminars designed to help participants better understand Gaston County, and their own roles as future leaders.
Admission is open to all rising tenth grade students in public and private Gaston County high schools and Gaston County homeschooled students.
Interested students should apply through their school's administrative office.
2019 Important Dates:
- FEBRUARY 4th– FEBRUARY 15th – Student application window – See your school counselor for an application and information.
- MARCH 6th– RECOMMENDED Student and alternate information due back to Lori Collins/Highland Tech
- APRIL 5th– Schools/Students notified after final list approved by Superintendent
- APRIL 11th – Mandatory student/parent meeting at STUART CRAMER at 7pm
- JUNE 16-27th– COMMISSIONERS’ SCHOOL 2019 @ BELMONT ABBEY