January 22, 2019 Public Hearing for Conditional District CD18-01 Public Comment Guidelines
The Gaston County Board of Commissioners (BOC) and the Gaston County Planning Board will conduct a joint Public Hearing to consider one (1) Conditional District Case beginning at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 in the Harley B. Gaston, Jr. Public Forum of the Gaston County Courthouse, 325 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Way, Gastonia, NC.
1) Conditional District CD18-01: Request to Rezone Parcels 222767 (part of), 216850, and 222768, located at Lake Wylie Rd., Belmont, NC, from the (R-1) Single Family Limited Zoning District with (CH) Corridor Highway, (US) Urban Standards, and (SV) Scenic View Overlays to the (CD/C-2) Conditional District / Highway Commercial Zoning District with (CH) Corridor Highway, (US) Urban Standards, and (SV) Scenic View Overlays, in order to allow a Planned Unit Development (PUD). The applicant is MT Land.
Citizens wishing to speak at the public hearing may sign up in person at the Courthouse, Second Floor, in the Harley B. Gaston Jr. Public Forum beginning at 5:00 P.M. Citizens will be called up to speak in the order they are listed on the sign-up sheet. The BOC will make every effort to ensure all citizens signed up will have an opportunity to speak on this matter. Civil and courteous behavior is required during this meeting at all times.
Basic guidelines for public comment:
- Speakers will not be permitted to yield their time to another individual who has also signed up to speak.
- Speakers will be required to speak from the podium and to state their name and address for the record.
- Comments will be limited to three (3) minutes; however, the Chairman may modify the time limit prior to the public hearing in order to facilitate the comment period.
- The Chair shall rule on all points of order during the hearing.
- Interruption of a speaker by the audience or ANY out-of-order exchanges between members of the audience will not be permitted.
- All materials provided to the BOC and Planning Board shall become an official part of the record and will not be returned.
PLEASE NOTE: the Public Forum has limited capacity. Audience seating (150 seats) is first come-first served. Overflow rooms will be provided if necessary and the meeting may be viewed on televisions located in each overflow room.
Following the CD18-01 Public Hearing:
- The Planning Board will be excused for deliberations to First Appearance Courtroom Room 2029 which has a limited room capacity of 92. In order to facilitate public participation in this meeting, groups should select a representative to attend the Planning Board deliberations.
- The BOC will resume its Regular Meeting Agenda. Consideration of CD18-01 will occur once the Planning Board returns with its recommendation to the BOC.
Questions regarding the zoning matter should be addressed to the Gaston County Planning and Development Services Department at (704-866-3530 or (704) 866-3195.
CLICK HERE to access the agenda for the meeting. The online agenda will include all attachments for CD18-01. The list of proposed conditions are included in the “Background Info”.
CLICK HERE to view LIVE STREAMING of the meeting by clicking the “In Progress” link in the Video column a few minutes prior to the 6:00 P.M. start time. (Archived VIDEO is available the following day)
The meeting will be televised on Spectrum Channel 16 and AT&T Uverse Channel 99.