Fairs, Festivals, and Fundraisers

Temporary food establishments (TFE) are events or gatherings that have food or drink sales and operate for a period of 15 days or less. Examples of TFEs include fairs, festivals, carnivals, public exhibitions, or other special events. Gaston County Environmental Health issues TFE permits after ensuring that…

A TFE permit is required to sell food or drinks at these special events. To receive a TFE permit, an Event Organizer Application and Vendor Applications must be completed and submitted with Vendor Fees at least 15 days prior to the event for consideration. Each question must be answered completely, or the application will be considered incomplete. Additionally, applications received less than 15 days before an event are not guaranteed to be reviewed.

For further information on application submittal, review, and approval, please contact Hunter Capps (704-856-5055 or hunter.capps@gastongov.com).


  • TFE Vendor Fee: $75.00