Erosion & Sediment Control
On Monday October 10, 2022 Gaston County Natural Resources will begin accepting online erosion control and stormwater plan submittals through the Citizen’s Self Service Portal (CSS). We will continue to accept permit applications and plans in person or via mail until November 4th, 2022. Beginning November 5th, 2022, submittals will only be allowed through the Citizen Self Service Portal. An account with Gaston County will be required to submit plans and supporting documentation, access permit status, and access inspection reports. We ask that you use this time to get accounts established. Any application you have in our current process will be allowed to continue.
Service Requests or Complaints
In order to better determine how we can help you with your stormwater or erosion concerns, please review the Stormwater or Erosion Complaints (PDF) regarding how such issues are handled according to the statute. In most cases, damages incurred by a property owner as a result of stormwater or erosion control violations is a civil matter between the parties involved.
Please visit the Mediation Center of the Southern Piedmont for more information about settling civil matters.
E&SC Planning and Design Links
Erosion & Sediment Control Forms & Applications
- Plan Application Process (PDF)
- Gaston County Erosion and Sediment Control Plan for Single Lot (PDF)
- Gaston County Erosion and Sedimentation Control Financial Responsibility Ownership Form (PDF)
- EXAMPLE - LO is NOT FRO EC Financial Responsibility-Ownership Form (PDF)
- EXAMPLE - LO is FRO EC Financial Responsibility-Ownership Form (PDF)
- EXAMPLE - FRO is NOT located in NC EC Financial Responsibility-Ownership Form (PDF)
- Gaston County Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan Checklist (PDF)
**If you, or your entity, are applying for permitting and are not the Landowner of Record, submit a signed and notarized letter from the Landowner authorizing you, or your entity, to apply for land disturbing permits along with the application submittal.
Erosion & Sediment Control Fees
$400 non-refundable plan review processing fee for each acre of disturbed land or any part of an acre of disturbed land
(including off-site borrow and waste areas). No processing fee will be charged for a revised plan unless the revised plan contains an increase in the number of acres to be disturbed.
Example: 1.0 acre = $400.00
1.1 acre = $800.00
Single family lot less than 1 acre fee: $100