Belmont Middle School Property
Highest Bid Received: $3,100,000 by Kare Partners, LLC
Bid Was Accepted by Gaston County BOC at March 22 Meeting
Bid Was Accepted by Gaston County BOE at April 11 Meeting
Registration is required to tour Belmont Middle.
Gaston County Schools 2014 Comprehensive Study. Refer to pages 134-159 for Belmont Middle.
Anyone interested in submitting an offer to purchase one or more parcels should submit a reasonable offer to the Gaston County Public Works Department. All reasonable offers will be considered. An initial offer must include a bid deposit in the amount of 5% of the offer price. This deposit must be in the form of a cashier's or certified check. Once the deposit check is received, the upset bid process will begin.
Upset Bid Process
- A public advertisement will be placed soliciting upset bids to the received offer to purchase. Upset bids must be at least 5% over the original offer.
- The upset bid time period will run for ten consecutive days. Another bidder may submit an upset bid during that period provided said upset bid is a minimum 5% higher. A 5% bid deposit will be required from the new bidder for their offer to be considered valid.
- Another public advertisement will be placed notifying potential bidders of a new ten day upset bid period. Subsequent upset bids must be at least 5% higher than the most current offer and must also be accompanied by a 5% bid deposit.
- This process will continue until no further upset bid price is received within a ten day notification period.
- Once an offer to purchase has completed the upset bid process, the highest offer will be presented to the Board of Commissioners and Gaston County School Board for final approval.
- Upon approval, the purchase contract will be prepared.
- Property is sold "as-is" and will be conveyed by a special warranty deed.
- Gaston County reserves the right to accept or reject any or all offers when deemed to be in the best interest of Gaston County.