How do I resolve printing issues?

The Map/Map and Report/House and Report print pages are designed to fit a single 8.5 inch by 11 inch page with ½ inch margins. If you are having printing problems please try one of the following solutions:

Check your margins. In most major browsers you can change the margins by going into the Page Setup menu screen.

Enable Shrink to Fit. In most major browsers you can enable 'Shrink to Fit' by going into the 'Page Setup' menu screen.

Use a Print to PDF driver. Print to PDF drivers will vary among which operating systems like Windows, Mac, or Ubuntu you are using. You may have to explore which options are best suited for your system's needs.

Due to the small differences between all web browsers, it is not possible to render all print pages the same. Printing pages should render just fine in browsers like Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. You may print in other browsers but please note that you may have to change some of the print settings as mentioned above to achieve a proper print layout. If you are still having problems please contact us by email.

Show All Answers

1. Website not Rendering Correctly
2. Where can I find Help for the GIS website?
3. Can I download GIS data / Parcel information?
4. Where is the zoning for the Town of Ranlo?
5. How can I tell if Taxes are owed or what the Tax Bill is?
6. What do I need to use the GIS website?
7. How can I tell what browser I am using?
8. Why do I need to allow pop-up windows?
9. How do I enable pop-ups in Google Chrome?
10. Can GPS or latitude/longitude information be obtained from the Gaston County GIS website?
11. Can I send a link to a parcel?
12. Where is the Book Map and Parcel (BMP)?
13. How do I print a property card? (Appraisal Cards, Tax Appraisal Sheets)
14. How do I print a deed / recorded plat / plat map / survey?
15. Why can I not link (a deed / plat) from the GIS website to the Register of Deeds website?
16. How do I identify the assigned School District for a property?
17. How do I change my Tax Bill Mailing Address?
18. Who do I talk to about a property address?
19. Who do I talk to about my Tax Appraisal Value?
20. Who Do I Talk to About Land Use?
21. Where do I find information on utilities (electric, gas, water and sewer)?
22. Who do I talk to about Zoning?
23. What are the definitions to the Zoning Codes?
24. What is the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)?
25. What are the setbacks in Gaston County?
26. Who do I talk to about waterfront property access?
27. Can I print a map to scale?
28. How can I acquire a map printed to scale?
29. How do I print a map?
30. How do I print a map with tax information?
31. How do I resolve printing issues?
32. Who do I talk to about the house (structure) photograph?
33. Who do I talk to about the parcel map or owner information?
34. Why does this property map show less acreage than I actually own?
35. Why is Flood blank in the Parcel Details window?
36. Who do I talk to about Floodplain?
37. What is a Voluntary Agricultural District?
38. Who do I talk to about the GIS website?