Adopting individuals/organizations are asked to make a one-year commitment to completing a minimum of four projects per year. Each year, the adoption commitment begins at the beginning of a quarter (January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1) and lasts for a period of one or two years. Applications may be taken anytime during the year and the number of expected cleanup projects may be prorated according to the adoption approval date. It is the responsibility of the Adopt-A-Park's contact person to organize the projects and log volunteer service hours; log sheets and projects report forms will be provided by Gaston County Parks and Recreation. The contact person is also responsible for the following:
- Inform the Parks and Recreation Department of your scheduled project date no less than two weeks in advance so that any necessary arrangements can be made and we can let you know of any potential conflicts;
- Pick up litter/debris and place the filled trash bags in the designated areas;
- Adhere to the Safety Guidelines as provided to you by the Parks and Recreation Department;
- Report any vandalism or potential safety hazards found in your adopted space;
- Complete and return Adopt-A-Park Progress Report, Volunteer Applications, Photos, and Volunteer Service Record within 14 days of project completion. These can be returned in person, by mail or electronically.