Gaston County Department of Health and Human Services (GC DHHS) Health Equity Team will:
- Receive specialized training about health equity and CLAS standards.
- Assist in collecting, reviewing, assessing and reporting on CLAS-related DHHS Public Health client data to establish a baseline for where our health department stands currently.
- Make a plan for how CLAS can be institutionalized within our organization to promote health equity.
- Conduct CLAS-related assessments and share results with NC OMHHD and the community.
- Identify opportunities to modify policies and practices of our health department to build toward greater equity in our community.
Learn more about our Health Equity Team (PDF).