Can you help me get a vasectomy? I have questions.

A vasectomy is a permanent form of birth control for men who do not want any more children. The procedure consists of cutting the tubes that transport sperm in the scrotum. It is a simple and safe procedure that can be done in a doctor’s office.

We cannot perform vasectomies at the Health Department; however, we can complete pre-procedure counseling and referral through the Regional Vasectomy Program. This program is available for men ages 21 and older who are uninsured. Vasectomies are billed on a sliding scale based on income and may be free for those who qualify.

To learn more about the program, visit the Regional Vasectomy Program website.

Before making a final decision, patients are provided extensive education and counseling to help them understand the permanent nature of sterilization and the different methods of birth control offered through the Health Department.

For an appointment, call 704-853-5009.

If you have Family Planning Medicaid, we can see you for a yearly visit and refer you to a urologist for the vasectomy.

If you have private insurance or Medicaid and are interested in getting a vasectomy, you should reach out to your primary care doctor or urologist.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get services?
2. How much does it cost?
3. What services do you offer?
4. Who is eligible for services?
5. Do you accept male patients? Do you only see women?
6. Can you help me get a vasectomy? I have questions.
7. Do you accept Medicaid? What is the Be Smart Program?