Commissioners' School of Excellence
Each summer, the Gaston County Board of Commissioner funds a two-week residential experience at Belmont Abbey College for sixty Gaston County rising tenth grade students. The Commissioners' School of Excellence (CSE) offers a variety of hands-on activities and seminars designed to help participants better understand Gaston County, and their own roles as future leaders.
Admission is open to all rising tenth grade students in public and private Gaston County high schools and Gaston County homeschooled students.
Interested students should apply through their school's administrative office.
2021 IMPORTANT DATES:
- JANUARY 18 – JANUARY 31: Student application window for schools
- FEBRUARY 7: Homeschool Student Deadline; applications can be picked up at and are to be returned to :
Gaston County Schools
Teacher Resource Center
366 West Garrison Blvd.
Gastonia, NC 28052
- EARLY APRIL: Schools/Students notified of acceptance
- APRIL 28: Mandatory student/parent meeting ZOOM at 7pm for accepted students
- JUNE 13 – JUNE 23: COMMISSIONERS’ SCHOOL 2022 at Ashbrook
ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO