Gaston County Animal Care and Enforcement has Moved
Gaston County is happy to announce that Gaston County Animal Care and Enforcement has moved to the new location at 1491 Business Park Court, Gastonia, NC 28052! The previous shelter will be closed as of Friday May 15, 2020.
Gaston County Animal Care and Enforcement’s contact information will remain the same with the mailing address of PO Box 479, Dallas NC 28034, shelter phone number of 704-922-8677, and non-emergency dispatch phone number of 704-866-3300.
At our new location, we will be following the Gaston County Resuming Business Operations Plan for the period of May 15th to May 26, 2020.
What does this mean?
- The Shelter will be conducting health and temperature screenings for employees and any citizens that need to surrender a stray animal or citizens with confirmed appointments. The screenings will include 2 brief questions and a temperature screening to ensure citizens and staff remain safe during this transition.
- The shelter will request all people practice safe distancing of 6 feet and will limit the access to the shelter facility.
- All tags renewals can be mailed to PO Box 479, Dallas NC 28034. All late fees waived during this time.
- If you find a stray, please contact non-emergency dispatch at 704-866-3300 or call 704-922-8677 to schedule a time.
- The shelter will be taking in a limited number of previously scheduled owner surrenders that have been postponed during the “Stay at Home Order”. The shelter staff will contact the scheduled owners to arrange for surrender. We hope to be accepting more surrenders in the coming weeks.
- If you are missing a pet, please go to our website at http://egov.gastongov.com/adoptablepets/. If you believe your pet is at the shelter, please contact us at 704.922.8677 to arrange for reclaim.
- We will not be allowing any good Samaritan dog interactions at this time. We do not have a designated walking trail at the new location. Only approved adopters will be able to interact with adoptable animals by appointment only.
- Animal Adoptions: interactions will be limited to 12 pm to 2 pm M-F by appointment only. All citizens will complete a brief health and temperature screening prior to entry to the shelter.
Please complete the adoption questionnaire at https://www.cognitoforms.com/GastonCounty1/AdoptionQuestionnaire and an employee will contact you once the questionnaire has been approved and notify you of a time for interaction with the available pets.
Please make sure to bring your driver’s license with you and limit the number of people who come to the shelter to 2 people per group.
- Rescue partner pick-ups: All rescue groups will work with the placement coordinator to arrange a time for pickup of the rescue pet(s). You will schedule a pick up time with the placement coordinator at the new shelter. Upon arrival, all partners will complete a brief health and temperature screening prior to entering the shelter and claiming the rescue pet. Please make sure you have the required collar, leash and appropriate carrier/crates for the animals available at the time of pick up.
We will be holding a public event to commemorate the opening of this new facility sometime after the completion of the Gaston County Resuming Business Operations Plan has been completed.