Public Hearing Guidelines for Conditional Districts CD20-01 & CD20-02 and Text Amendment ZTA20-03
The Gaston County Board of Commissioners (BOC) and the Gaston County Planning Board will conduct a joint Public Hearing to consider two (2) Conditional District Cases and one (1) Text Amendment beginning at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, July 28, 2020 in the Harley B. Gaston, Jr. Public Forum of the Gaston County Courthouse, 325 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Way, Gastonia, NC. Those wishing to attend will undergo temperature screenings and a health questionnaire. Capacity in the forum and in overflow rooms will be limited to allow for social distancing and attendees will be asked to wear face coverings.
1) Conditional District CD20-01: Request to Rezone Property Parcels 172387, 172379, 172378, 172377, and 172375, Located at Old Dallas Hwy., Dallas, NC, Rezone from the (RS-8) Single Family 8,000 square feet Zoning District to the (CD/RS-8) Conditional District/Single Family 8,000 square feet Zoning District. The Applicant is CH Land Company, LLC.
2) Conditional District CD20-02: Request to Rezone Property Parcels 173020, 173410, 173466, 207155, 211893, 211896, 211897, and 222964, Located at the Gaston Co./Lincoln Co. Line (Alexis/Lucia Area), Stanley, NC, Rezone from the (R1) Single Family Limited Zoning District with (US) Urban Standards Overlay to the (CD/R-2) Conditional District/Single Family Moderate Zoning District with (US) Urban Standards Overlay, in order to allow Essential Services Class 3 (Solar Farm). The Applicant is Hornet Solar, LLC.
3) Text Amendment: ZTA20-03 Gaston County Planning Board (Applicant); To Consider Proposed Text Amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO): Chapter 9 (General Provisions): Section 9.5(A)
Citizens wishing to speak at the public hearing may sign up in person at the Courthouse, Second Floor, in the Harley B. Gaston Jr. Public Forum beginning at 5:00 p.m. The BOC will make every effort to ensure all citizens signed up will have an opportunity to speak on these zoning matters.
Basic guidelines for public comment:
- Speakers will not be permitted to yield their time to another individual who has also signed up to speak.
- Speakers will be required to speak from the podium and to state their name and address for the record.
- Comments will be limited to three (3) minutes; however, the Chairman may modify the time limit prior to the public hearing in order to facilitate the comment period.
- The Chair shall rule on all points of order during the hearing.
- Interruption of a speaker by the audience or any out-of-order exchanges between members of the audience will not be permitted.
- Civil and courteous behavior is required during this meeting at all times.
- All materials provided to the BOC and Planning Board shall become an official part of the record and will not be returned.
PLEASE NOTE: the Public Forum has limited seating capacity due to social distancing measures. If necessary, audience seating in the Forum may be limited to one zoning case at a time and overflow rooms may be utilized.
Following the Zoning Public Hearings:
- The Planning Board will be excused for deliberations to the 4th Floor Jury Room (Room 4129) which has limited seating capacity. In order to facilitate public participation, groups should consider selecting a representative to attend the Planning Board deliberations.
- The BOC will resume its Regular Meeting Agenda. Consideration of the zoning cases will occur once the Planning Board returns with its recommendation to the BOC.
Questions regarding the zoning cases should be addressed to the Gaston County Planning and Development Services Department at (704-866-3530 or (704) 866-3195.
CLICK HERE to access the agenda for the meeting. The online agenda will include all attachments for the zoning cases.
CLICK HERE to view LIVE STREAMING of the meetingby clicking the “In Progress” link in the Video column (the meeting link will be available by 5:00 PM). Archived VIDEO will be available the following day.
The meeting will be televised on Spectrum Channel 16 and AT&T Uverse Channel 99.